Register now for the 2019-2020 Mentoring Program.
The Mentoring Program is scheduled to start on September 28, 2019.
The Application Form for both Mentors and Mentees is available.
Since 2010, PMI Mass Bay has provided the opportunity for members to mentor other members within a structured program. This program is a great opportunity for both mentees and mentors alike. Mentees gain valuable real-life knowledge from seasoned project managers, and mentors consistently report that they find their own skills sharpened as a result of the mentoring relationship.
Reap the rewards of being a mentor or a mentee:
- Advancement of Project Management practices and culture
- Exposure to different perspectives
- Recognize and motivate high performing individuals
- Satisfaction of contributing to the success of others and actively contributing to the project management community in the MassBay area
- Powerful real-time learning and development
- Take networking to a new level
- Build your trust in project management competencies
Who is a MENTOR? An experienced project manager who can be a trusted advisor, guide and/or coach to another project manager. Mentors must have a current PMP certification and be an active member of PMI Mass Bay to be eligible.
Who is the typical MENTEE? A project manager seeking advice from an experienced PM professional to improve their project management skills or anyone thinking about exploring the profession of project management. Mentees do not have to have their PMP. In fact, many mentees earn their PMP during the course of the mentoring program. You must be an active member of PMI Mass Bay to participate in this program.
Mentoring Program Structure:
The Mentoring Program is a structured, seven-month program bringing together Chapter members in mentoring partnerships to meet the professional development goals of the mentee.
Interested candidates are required to:
- Submit your application by Friday September 6, 2019;
- Commit to the seven-month program;
- Attend three mandatory team meetings (one three-hour kickoff training session, one mid-program checkpoint, and a wrap-up session – see below for meeting dates);
- Attend 12 one-on-one mentoring sessions with their mentoring partner; and
- Maintain and submit a monthly activity log.
- Successful completion of the seven-month program will result in 18 PDUs for PMI certified participants.
For more information on the program, read the FAQs.
There is a $160 fee for mentees. There is no cost to mentors.
Submit your application to email@example.com
We look forward to your participation and working with you in the 2019-2020 Mentoring Program!
Key Program Dates:
|Registration Deadline:||Friday, Sep 6, 2019|
|Kick-Off Meeting:||Saturday, Sep 28, 2019||9:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Midpoint Meeting:||Saturday, Jan 11, 2020||9:00 am to 11:00 am|
|Graduation:||Saturday, Apr 25, 2020|
9:00 am to 11:00 am
“Mentoring? Me? What do I know?”
A profile in mentorship with Brenda Boyle, PMP
Feedback From Past Mentees
“I felt the whole mentor-mentee partnership . . . was a dynamic experience that fitted an upcoming project management professional, like me, to improve and learn successful project management practices.”
“Learning about my mentor’s work and how he managed his career helped me consider new ways in which I might use my project management skills.”