Call for Speakers
You’ve Got What We Need!
The Massachusetts Bay Chapter of the Project Management Institute is currently accepting proposals for our 2020 Professional Development Programming.
Do you have a valuable presentation or workshop for our project management community?
Our members work in program and project management environments; this is our common thread. Otherwise, our members come from a wide variety of industries, business units and professional specializations. Our goal is to provide learning opportunities for our members in a variety of formats(i.e., chapter meetings, single day workshops and webinars), that are industry-agnostic and align with the PMI Talent Triangle.
What is the Talent Triangle?
The Talent Triangle is meant to represent the three core competency areas of a Project Management Professional. We are seeking proposals for presentations or workshop topics that fall into one of these areas:
- Project Management Techniques (i.e. Formalized project management; approaches, methodologies and tools)
- Leadership (i.e. Topics encompassing teams and the individual. The human factor)
- Business and Strategic Management (i.e. topical and foundational business topics.)
Professional Development Programs
Your content should conform to one of these formats:
- One-day workshop (April, June and September)
- Monthly Meetings (One hour presentation)
- Monthly Webinars (One hour presentation)
Possible topics include: (Not limited to)
- Novel ways to address Risk Management.
- Establishing and running a Project Management Office
- Developing an effective Portfolio and managing with KPI’s
- Using Agile project management in a waterfall world
- Managing troubled projects
- People management skills applied to program management
- Managing programs in a multicultural environment.
- Meeting management
- Software tools and web applications
- Coping with work conflict and stress
- Research presentations
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of topics. First time presenters are always welcome. Not sure if your topic is a good fit? Please contact us!