The MassBay Bay PMI Outreach Program provides a way for members to engage with the community and advocate for Project Management in the Greater Boston Area. Our mission is to educate people in our region about the fundamental benefits of and the concepts associated with project management. Project Management is a life skill and can be used by people of all ages and levels.
Our Outreach Committees focus on different populations, but strive to develop a better understanding of Project Management principles and how we at MassBay PMI can support them.
To learn more about each of our active committees, please follow the menu to each group page.
PMI Mass Bay is committed to advancing the Project Management profession in corporations located in the Greater Boston area.
The Corporate Outreach Committee is chartered to share with businesses the features and benefits derived from the practice of project management and to be an advocate in promoting the services and resources available from PMI and from the chapter.
Our mission includes:
Building successful relationships with key contacts at area corporations and understanding their needs
- Educating corporations about the value of Project Management and the resources of MassBay PMI
- Partnering with corporations by providing professional development programs to supplement their training needs
- Providing networking opportunities for their Project Managers to share ideas
- Provide an efficient way to engage with our membership through speaking engagements or sponsorship
- Provide vendor lists of consulting and professional development companies that specialize in Project Management consulting
Our first initiative is the Corporate Outreach Survey. This is an on-going program. We schedule meetings with Executives at companies from different verticals to find out how they view the Project Management profession. Other topics include tools used, development needs they see in the PM community, etc. Survey results are communicated at Chapter Meetings and Roundtables and will be available online soon. If your company would like to participate in the survey, names will be kept confidential and they will receive a copy of the survey results and a complimentary chapter meeting ticket voucher. Please contact email@example.com for more details.