Website Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Senior R&D Project Manager
Requisition ID: 91331BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
US –Tewksbury, MA/ Chemical Analysis Division
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Engineering Project Manager will manage the development and deployment of existing and next generation analytical instruments. The candidate will work cross functionally within R&D and others including Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Marketing, Product Management, Service and Finance to drive product development from user requirements to market launch. The candidate must have solid project management skills and experience with phase gate product development processes. A hands-on attitude and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment are mandatory.
Our technology is based on NIR, FTIR, Raman and X-Ray fluorescence. Our products are considered state of the art and we utilize the latest technology available to continuously evolve our product line. Please visit www.thermoscientific.com/pai for more information about our products and technologies.
What will you do?
· Direct the planning and execution of multiple concurrent new product programs involving hardware, software and finish product development.
· Lead multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams comprised of marketing, finance, product management, engineering, software, applications, operations and others.
· Apply and manage agile development principles while driving software development projects in support of new products and upgrades.
· Identify and pro-actively manage program risk. Develop program options and drive risk-decision making throughout the organization.
· Develop and manage program timetables.
· Develop program budgets and ensure programs are managed within allotted cost parameters.
· Provide dynamic leadership to core teams and sub-teams. Delegate work effectively and efficiently to team members and support staff.
· Participate in the analysis of customer requirements and development of system design parameters to meet those requirements.
· Be a significant contributor to the improvement of the company’s new product development process.
How will you get here?
· BS in technical degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum 8+ years technical project management experience utilizing various new product development methodologies including agile, concurrent, critical path and others. Ability to distinguish project needs and apply various methods as appropriate.
· PMP certification or ability to attain
· Must be U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and pass background and drug testing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in a structured phase gate new product development process.
· Strong understanding of organizations that design, develop and produce technical products. Proven understanding of cross-relationships and dependencies, and ability to leverage that knowledge to reduce risk and improve project performance.
· Superior project management skills including team building, organizing, budgeting, planning, time management and risk management.
· Strong communications skills including verbal, written and presentation.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to listen for understanding, negotiate and mediate differences to reach consensus while maintaining strong focus on technical and business objectives.
· Experience managing both hardware and software development in domestic and overseas organizations.
· Experience in sourcing and manufacturing of complex electrical, optical and mechanical components and systems
· Strong understanding FMEA & DFMEA process
· MS Project experience required, DOORS or PPM Pro experience is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thermofisher.com.