Website MIT Energy Initiative
The MITEI Project Controls and Program Administrator, Commonwealth Fusion System (CFS), is a new full time position that will initially be for a two-year term. The key role will be to support the MITEI Commonwealth Fusion Systems Project and ensure smooth operation and administration of the program. The Program Administrator, CFS will work collaboratively with team members from Commonwealth Fusion Systems, MIT’s Plasma Science and Fusion Center and other MITEI staff. The Program Administrator, CFS will provide support for achieving member’s objectives within its MITEI Membership. Duties will include but are not limited to program oversight, committee meeting management, monthly and quarterly reporting, coordination and processing of Research Project Plans together with PSFC and other MIT offices, as well as general support for member’s MITEI activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Work with the CFS Head of Engineering and PSFC Chief Engineer to create integrated MS Project schedules, including appropriate cost/resource/time allocations.
- Monitor and evaluate project performance to ensure budgetary and deadline goals are being met, and that Schedule performance is linked to Cost performance.
- Assist in establishing the overall Work Breakdown Structure, WBS Dictionary, and Work Package ties to the schedule.
- Track project progress at the appropriate Work Package time reporting increments, and establish methods to validate reporting accuracy.
- Perform analysis on project performance against established Earned Value Management System metrics.
- Provide early warning for performance concerns. Recommend process changes if needed.
- Assist in linking Risk Management tracking to Schedule.
- Discuss progress and potential recovery options when necessary with the project team.
- Provide recommendations on resource utilization and potentially emerging gaps to ensure that goals are met.
- Ensure accurate project reporting of scheduling, performance, status, budgetary and cost control information. Create weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports.
- Provide and present reports to CFS and MIT leadership.
- Other tasks as needed.
Will report to Associate Director, MITEI; position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision.
No direct reports
Qualifications & Skills:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6-10 years of experience in a program administrator position or other relevant role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks on deadline.
- Record of accomplishment of demonstrating excellent judgment and discretion with sensitive materials.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, MS Project and MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with senior-level officials and/or faculty. Proven effective interpersonal skills to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and meet deadlines and track record of, and role model for strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree required.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org