Website Jounce Therapeutics
clinical-stage immunotherapy company
Role / Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced leader for Jounce immunotherapy development programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background with experience developing oncology biologics. In collaboration with the Program Leader, you will work with Jounce’s cross-functional teams to drive scientific ideas derived from our groundbreaking translational science platform into new medicines to treat serious unmet medical needs. This role reports to the Vice President, Program and Portfolio Strategy.
- Proactively define (with cross-functional development team) program strategy, goals, decision points, investments and areas of risk and associated mitigations.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are well-understood to maximize forward progress while maintaining alignment between and across functions
- Drive execution of program plan while providing visibility to progress versus timeline & changes to risk profile; communicate program status and issues to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Facilitate collaborative decision-making discussions with senior leaders and alliance partners
- Establish and maintain detailed electronic integrated program plans with input from all functions; Define robust scenario planning capability for evaluation of alternatives
- Maintain visibility and operational oversight of resource planning and cost vs budget
- Facilitate establishment of program goals and track their execution to deliver on overall corporate goals
- Lead efforts to further develop the program management function in accordance with the needs of the business
- Supervise, mentor, and develop junior program management staff as the portfolio grows
- Encourage and demonstrate true Jounce spirit of collaboration and fun throughout the organization
- Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline w/10 yrs experience or Master’s Degree w/7 yrs experience in pharmaceutical development. 5 years experience in pharmaceutical project or program management.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to perform at both a strategic level and in a hands-on capacity; able to drive strategic decision-making.
- A thorough understanding of the drug development process and working knowledge of the essential activities for all key functional areas.
- Early (phase I & II) clinical trial experience required; late stage (pivotal) clinical trial experience desired.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire people to action through their influence.
- Highly flexible, with an aptitude to adjust to new information and translate into options and actions for others
- Expert in project management tool suite (Microsoft Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers-jouncetx.icims.com.