Website Brigham and Women's Hospital
Helping our patients and families get back to what matters most.
Receiving direction from the BH Director of Medical Imaging IT, serves as a project manager/project specialist for IT projects. Manages the process for requests for new software applications, and new site specific projects requests. Tracks project progress, resource assignments, and Medical Imaging IT activities. Prepares status updates and communicates accomplishments to MIIT and department leadership.
Primary Role & responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing multiple projects concurrently and/or performing multiple roles (Project Manager, Testing Manager, Training Manager, etc.) within projects being managed.
- Responsible for communicating to MIIT Leadership, Department Leadership, project sponsors, stakeholders, and team members relevant project information and updates.
- Owns the development, management and execution of project plans and schedules.
- Identifies and analyzes project risks and issues in order to formulate mitigation strategies and/or escalates project risks and issues in order to achieve resolution.
- Manages intake of new project requests and software application requests, and prepares for presentation and review at weekly MIIT Managers Meeting or other appropriate forum. Participates in review and assessment of new requests and proposals.
- Tracks assignment of resources, progress and completion of assignments/projects.
- Responsible for project administration to include, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, reserving conference rooms and conference dial-in numbers and web-exes, creating and distributing agendas, meeting minutes, schedules, risk/issues logs and status reports.
- Incorporates standard deliverables of People, Process, and Technology into project deliverables (ie, operationalizing technology)
- Demonstrate Customer Service philosophy when interacting with staff and business partners.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues at the enterprise, hospital, and department levels.
- Other projects – as assigned.
- Five years of experience with Radiology Information Systems applications (such as PACS, RIS, Speech Recognition and Results Reporting)
- Knowledge of Radiology and Cardiology workflow and operations preferred
- Five years of experience in Project Management and/or IT system implementations.
- Ability to carry out the position with a high degree of customer service, communication, teamwork, and timelines.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective communication skills with clinical and administrative staff.
- Ability to work with professional staff at all levels
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Radiology Information Systems (such as PACS, Speech Recognition, Results Reporting) and Epic.
- Skill and experience in IS project planning.
- Ability to work well under pressure and on concurrent, multidisciplinary projects.
- Extremely well organized and detail oriented.
Brigham & Women’s Hospital(BWH)
Standard Hours: 40
Posted Shift Description: May require occasional adjustments to hours worked for implementation and/or upgrade projects.
BWH Medical Imaging
Dec 4, 2018, 11:52:36 AM
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org