Website Boston Scientific
About the role:
An Associate Project Manager is an entry-level program leader of a product, process or technology development project utilizing a cross-functional team and following BSC product development and product life cycle processes. The projects vary in size and scope but may include supporting business process improvements, acquisitions/divestitures, Quality/Regulation driven project work, technology development or new product development.
The Associate Project Manager will help lead a cross-functional team of company professionals to evaluate, design, build, and implement solutions to support the project goals. Additionally, this Associate Project Manager will work collaboratively across various functions, BSC sites and regions to develop the individual project strategies and tactical plans to deliver results on time and in budget.
The candidate needs to be a self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership skills on project, process and people management with limited general supervision. Strong technical background and project management skills are a must.
Your responsibilities include:
- Identify, coordinate and effectively lead project teams ensuring good cross-functional communications and alignment ensure timely completion of the project or task.
- Generate high-level plans, communications, and schedules to assist with task prioritization and workload adjustments.
- Implement project plans, build team ownership and commitment to project plan and identify, manage and communicate project risks.
- Delegate and manage tasks among team members as appropriate to drive execution of project deliverables and minimize risk.
- Responsible for documenting project meeting minutes, issues log, decision logs, metrics, and other key communications.
- Manage individual project challenges and recommend solutions to address them.
- Ensure current BSC policies and practices are followed and accurate documentation requirements are followed.
- Identify resources (people and $$) required for project activities, develop project budgets, resource allocations and timelines (with assistance).
- Partner and collaborate with a variety of functions, regions, and business resources to achieve project objectives.
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 5- 7+ years of technical work experience in product development OR
- Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 3 – 5+ years of technical work experience in product development.
- Demonstrated project management experience leading project teams managing the entire project lifecycle.
- Familiarity using project management tools (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint/Outlook Risk Register, Resource & Budget Planning, Visual Management, etc.).
- Strong organization and execution skills including demonstrated ability to confidently own the top responsibility for project completion.
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and influencing skills, including presentation to internal executive teams and healthcare professionals. Creating and maintaining project schedules, proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Managing/overseeing project budgets and/or scopes of work
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
- Experience in the medical products industry a plus.
- PMP® certification desired
- Ability to travel up to 15% including some international travel.
- Candidate must be comfortable in front of all levels of the organization
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bostonscientific.com.