South Shore Roundtable (Walpole)
- Chapter Members – If you are a member of the PMI Mass Bay Chapter, you are free to attend this roundtable.
- Testing the Water Visitor – If you are not chapter member, but wish to check out these meetings to see if they are right for you, you can attend two roundtable meetings as our guest.
- Long Term Visitor – Should you want to continue receiving the professional development benefits this roundtable offers, you can choose to either join the Project Management Institute (www.pmi.org) and the PMI Mass Bay Chapter (as a component), or pay a nominal fee of $10 per visit through our meeting registration tool Event Guru. This tool will go online early January. (Important Note: We encourage you to check with your employer to see if they offer any kind of membership discount to organizations such as ours as part of their professional development program.)
Seeking Speakers – all roundtables are member supported. Meaning….members take turns in speaking before the group about something they wish to share, or a PM challenge they would like some advice on how to handle. The plan is to have ten speakers lined up upon the start of this roundtable. If you would like to offer to speak at one of the roundtable meetings on a project management topic of your choice, please let us know. If you would like to present, but are not sure what to talk about – no problem – we can offer you a few suggestions to get your creative juices flowing!
Professional Development Benefits:
Here are a few of the benefits you can expect to enjoy when attending this roundtable.
- Convenience – this roundtable will be conveniently located in East Walpole for those deterred by the commute to the Monthly Chapter Meetings in the Boston area or other PMI Mass Bay roundtables.
- Professional Development – come to learn what’s new, what’s required, and what’s trending in the realm of project management.
- Staying Informed – each meeting opens up with a series of announcements of what is happening – chapter meetings, special seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Idea Lab / Sounding Board – what project management issues are you facing now? Offer to facilitate a discussion around the challenges you are facing and leverage the talent, experience and wisdom of a dozen other project managers.
- Free PDUs – for those of you who are credentialed in any of PMI’s host of certifications, you can claim 1 free PDU for attending these meetings, and even more if you present before the group or facilitate a meeting.
- Improve Your Public Speaking – we as project managers are often called to present a status report to senior management. Consider these roundtables as your own personal Toastmaster® Group to practice your presentation skills before a friendly audience.
If you wish to be part what is sure to be a dynamic group of project managers, please email Beena or Chris and provide them with your contact information. And if you happen to be a member of the Project Management Institute, please provide your PMI Number.
Sign up for the Roundtable information mailing list: