Would you like to speak at a PMI Mass Bay Chapter event? We want to speak with you!
We produce over 100 events in a calendar year. This is a perfect opportunity to share your knowledge with the Project Management community and build your brand as an industry expert.
Each type of event requires a different type of speaker as described below.
- Roundtables/Outreach Groups -smaller groups of 7-20 attendees in an informal setting
- Career Advancement Clinics - 100-200 attendees in an informal setting
- Chapter Meetings (including Express) and Panel Discussions - 90 -150 attendees in a formal setting (Express in informal setting)
- Webinars - online venue - 50-150 attendees
- Professional Development Day - premier event - 200-400 attendees in a formal setting
- Seminars (in - person) - 10-20 attendees in a formal setting
Topics must align to the PMI Talent Triangle (Leadership, Strategy, Technical PM Skills) to qualify for Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Presentations, except white papers must be interactive, include audience exercises, and provide useful take-aways.
All presentations must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of the event in Microsoft PowerPoint format.
We welcome speakers of all kinds. You don't have to be a professional speaker to be selected.
Speakers not known to the committee may be asked to speak at a Roundtable before moving on to a larger event.
We encourage our members to share their knowledge as a presenter. In most cases members will start by presenting to a Roundtable or Career Advancement Clinic event.
Professional Speakers are usually requested for larger events like Professional Development Day.
Please send a presentation abstract by email to our speakers committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be added to our Speakers Database for review. Please be patient as the committee meets quarterly to review submissions. It can be difficult to respond to submissions quickly.
Speakers Committee at email@example.com
Please note that speakers present at our events to promote their company and/or services. We do not normally pay speaker fees and expenses, though exceptions are made for larger events.