PMI Mass Bay is Seeking Dynamic Speakers for our Chapter Events in 2019 and 2020
The Speaker Committee is looking for dynamic speakers to present and facilitate discussion at our monthly chapter events. Chapter meeting are attended by about 75 members and guests who want to learn about new topics and best practices in project management.
The events are held around Boston and the suburbs. Popular locations are Boston (in town), Framingham, Waltham and Woburn. Expanded locations are Andover Quincy and Foxboro. Events are held at corporate sites, hotels or restaurants and bars with function rooms. Monthly events usually occur on Thursday of the 3rd week of the month. Topics for talks can be technical tools, best practices or soft skills however they must address one of 3 areas of the PMI Talent Triangle:
- Strategy and Business Management
- Technical Project Management
Guidelines for speaker and presentations:
- Topics must provide new actionable skills that the attendee can implement the next business day.
- Presentations should be engaging with real life examples and in-session exercises.
- Handouts and publications cited should be aligned with the presentation content.
Benefits of presenting at PMI Mass Bay Chapter meetings or Professional Day Conference:
- Excellent networking opportunity with other New England Chapters.
- Promotion of speaker on PMI MB website and eblasts to members. If presenting at our Professional Development Conference then a printed booklet is also available
- Speaking engagements may be recorded and provide an excellent opportunity for feedback.
Timeline of speaker selection
- Speakers are evaluated on a rolling basis and added to the speakers database
- If you are applying for a Chapter Event then the review and selection of speakers occurs in Q4 of the preceding year. Speaking calendar is usually set by January of the year.
- If you are applying for our Professional Development Conference then selection is usually 9 months before the conference Q1 of that year.
To be considered, take these steps:
- Contact the speaker committee at email@example.com or fill out our online Speaker Application. The application will ask for
- Your name, phone, email and contact information
- A brief biography including a list of any events where you have spoken. A link to any videos of past presentations would be helpful.
- A brief description of the topics you want to present at a session(s) or workshop
- A list of publications or conferences where this material has been presented.