PMI Mass Bay welcomes speakers who can deliver interesting and insightful presentations on the application of project management techniques and methods. Our monthly chapter meetings typically draw up between 90-150 professionals from a wide variety of industries and companies in the Boston areas.
The speakers and their presentation topics are advertised in our chapter newsletter, email blasts and on our website. In addition, the chapter may share its upcoming events with other organizations, advertise in local media or send postcards of upcoming events. We serve a membership of over 2,500 and our mailing lists reach an extended community of over 5,000.
Meeting Date, Venue and Schedule
Our meetings are typically held on the third Thursday of each month from September through June. Locations typically include major hotels located in suburban Boston (such as Burlington and Newton,) as well as Cambridge and Boston in the metro area. Our meeting venues provide a first-class setting including full dinner service, environmental controls and full audio-visual support.
- 5:30 Networking Hour with cash bar
- 6:30 Dinner (normall sit-down)
- 7:15 Chapter Announcements
- 7:30 Formal Presentation
- 8:30-8:45 Adjourn
- Formal interactive presentation for 45 minutes with a 15 minute Q&A closing
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Presentation will be loaded on the chapter's laptop (Windows PC) or speaker may provide their own.
- Chapter provides: video projector with cables to laptop, 10 foot screen, and wireless lapel microphone or wireless hand held microphone. Speaker provides laser pointer or other accessories.
Special Arrangements and Pre-approved Expenses
PMI Mass Bay does not generally provide compensation for speaker fees, copyright and licesense fees, etc. The Chapter will reimburse reasonable travel fees including airfare and lodging when approved in advance. PMI Mass Bay Chapter is not responsible for unapproved expenses incurred by the speaker or their company. Dinner is provided for presenters.